Saturday, November 13, 2010

Spell Bound.

Spell Bound

She’s being playing airy fairy Luna Lovegood for almost four years, but with the Harry Potter franchise coming to an end, what’s next for talented Irish girl, Evanna Lynch?
Hi Evanna, what are you upto at the moment?
I’m repeating my Leaving Cert. I was so busy filming last year that I missed out on a lot, so I wanted to go back. I’m actually planning to go to art college and acting more, so a lot of my friends are wondering why I’m bothering becuse they are more portfolio based. But it’s like an insurance policy in case things don’t pan out with acting. I’m going to a different school to do my Leaving again because I need a push. In my old school, everyone was so lovely and accommodating about me not having homework done because I was so busy, but now I need someone to say, “No, that’s no excuse, do it.” No mercy!
Have you any acting roles lined up?
Not at the momet, because I’m repeating the exams. I’m taking a year off, but next year I’d like to start going for auditions. The final film is coming out next summer so I’ll still be on the radar hopefully, and I’ll be free and have a closure from Harry Potter.
Are you sad that it’s all coming to an end?
Oh, yes. It’s been a gradual thing because since the seventh book came out I’ve been thinking about “the end”. But on the very last day of the filming I was very emotional. That was around the time I was finishing school too, so I did feel very adrift at that time. There’s no clear end though, we’ve still got premieres and parties and press so I’ll be seeing all the gang and living in Harry Potter land for a while yet.
Are you still a Harry Potter super fan?
Yes! I’m still very passionate about the books. I always feel like I’m coming home when I read them because they’re so familiar. I like to touch base with them. I still love Luna as well! I have to keep myself to separate myself from the character, because to me she’s an idol. I feel so lucky.
Do you still have to pinch yourself when you remember that you’ve gone from fan to film star?
When I really think about it, yeah I do. I’m confronted with it all the time, so it tends to just become normal, but when I’m away from it all and remember that I’ve actually been a part of this phenomenon that’s so special to me. It’s very strange and amazing!
Is it weird to think that another girl reading the book would imagine Luna as you?
Oh God, yes! Sometimes, when I was reading the later books, I’d imagine the characters to look like the actors that play them, but never with me. That’s too weird! I think my hair is a bit too blonde in the films. I imagine Luna to be more white-haired, earthy, ethereal and natural looking than I look in the films; less colourful, more spiritual and just more in touch with nature. I know that’s probably not very cinematic, but that’s how I see her in my head.
Are you happy that Deathly Hallows has been split into two films?
I think we all are. The story needs time to unfold. You an’t put in all the emotions of the book if you don’t have time, so yes it was a relief that we don’t have to rush anything. The first one is mainly focused on Harry, Ron and Hermione, so you’ll see more of the rest of us students in part two.
J.K. Rowling has hinted that she might return to Harry at some point. Would that make you happy?
Completely! I would love it if she chose to do that, but if she doesn’t I totally understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment