Friday, December 3, 2010

Evanna talks about Luna Lovegood ♥

‘Harry Potter’: Luna Lovegood actress says she was born for the loopy role.

Evanna Lynch as Luna Lovegood in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part I." (Warner Bros.)

Always sunny and usually daft, Luna Lovegood seems awed by the world around her in “Harry Potter.” It’s a comfortable mode for Evanna Lynch, the young actress who has portrayed Luna in the film series and has been called the “perfect” choice by author J.K. Rowling.

“I just felt that if anyone was to play her, it should be me,” Lynch said. “It was like studying for a math exam. I studied to be her. I really, really like her. I think that parts of me are like [Luna], but I am different. I had to be in the audition. I said ‘I know that you may have ideas of who Luna is, but here is how I see her.’ “

Lynch spoke after visiting Tokyo, one of her favorite places on this “Potter” ride of promotion and premieres “because it’s so different.” Lynch’s Luna doesn’t have a huge role in “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1,” but has always been a favorite. Lynch has seen the overwhelming reaction from fans, and she often muses about how her character might handle all of the publicity that she has been getting.

“She wouldn’t avoid it. She rather likes talking to people. But I think that she would find it alarming — all these people shouting her name.”

Lynch herself has changed and learned to deal with the “Potter” phenom that has engulfed her. Before being cast as Luna, Lynch was part of the hysteria as a super-fan. Painted face and nails, homemade T-shirts, and trips to numerous locales just to celebrate Pottermania were a part of her pre-movie life. “I started reading the books when I was about 8 and didn’t get cast until I was 14. One of the producers came to my house and saw all of the posters on the wall and said that I had her life up on that wall.”

In “Deathly Hallows,” Luna’s famously positive attitude and demeanor is tested, but she remains steadfast in her optimism and detached calmness even while imprisoned in the dungeon-like gloom of the Malfoy Mansion basement. ”I don’t think Luna changes. The thing about her is that she’s so relaxed about herself. She has to be a bit more serious than normal [in "Deathly Hallows"] and has to accept that times are dark. She always sees the positive and has a spirituality about herself. She doesn’t think that death is the end.”

No comments:

Post a Comment