Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Evanna Lynch & Scarlett Byrne visit Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park

Harry Potter actresses Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) and Scarlett Byrne (Pansy Parkinson) were in Orlando, Fl., this week, where they visited the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Photos of the pair wearing and holding Spetrespecs at Dervish and Banges joke shop in Hogsmeade can be found, courtesy of Universal Orlando.






Quote:
Irish actress Evanna Lynch, known for her role as Luna Lovegood in the Harry Potter film series, stopped to admire the Quibbler display and try on a pair of Spectrespecs at Dervish and Banges, a magical supplies and equipment shop at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter on Monday, July 18, 2011. Lynch was hosted by Universal Orlando Resort, spending some time at the theme parks while attending a Harry Potter fan conference in Orlando. Lynch played a role in the final installment of the Harry Potter film series, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2,” which debuted on Friday.
While in Orlando, Evanna and Scarlett discussed how they're going to cope with end of the series, and what they plan to do post-Potter.
What about the future? Any hope on your part that the story will somehow go on? Done any arm-twisting on Jo Rowling?
Evanna Lynch:
I don’t know. At the premiere, she kind of became overwhelmed and said, ‘Oh Hell, I’ll just write ANOTHER one!’” She didn’t mean that. Joking. She’s been saying all along that this was it.

I don’t know where she would go with this because Harry Potter’s story is a very important period in wizarding history. It’s the Ultimate Battle in wizarding history. No one else’s story will be quite so extraordinary. We will have to guess what happens to the other kids. I think she’ll leave it there. But I would LOVE a Luna spinoff series. But I don’t see her doing it. Do you?

Scarlett Byrne: The whole thing’s just been so overwhelming that i haven’t had time to think about it. It’s been extraordinary, coming out here. Just meeting the most passionate fans and realizing this work we did means the world to them. At the screening here at midnight, I’ve never experienced anything like that in my life. It’s so special. But we’ll see.

Evanna: Journalists keep saying, ‘This is the END.’ Like it’s truly over. But it’s not. Because I’ve made so many friends through Harry Potter. I am such a fan, a geek. I’d probably be here even if I hadn’t been in the movies. I’m enjoying this convention because it brings out my inner geek, the one I pretend to not be. That’s who I was all those years I was pretending I was already cast in the movies before I actually tried for it.

I don’t feel it’s going to have some abrupt end. I feel that this is the height. It’s in vogue at the moment. But everyone just loves it so much that you can’t just cut that part of your life out.
Scarlett: It’s not the end, because the film will come out on DVD and there’ll be another mass of attention. And this theme park is pretty nice, so that will keep it alive.
Evanna: There’s an exhibition going ’round, too.

What do you think of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter?
Scarlett:
It looks like it does on the set. And since we saw it at night, it looks even more like the real thing.
Evanna: The sets are all in different parts of this huge warehouse. The best sets only have three walls on them. So it doesn’t look as real. But here, you get this amazing feeling as you actually walk into the castle — into Hogwarts, or down to the sweet shop or Ollivander’s in the village.
Scarlett: It felt very authentic.
Evanna: EXCEPT for the temperature.

You’ve been sharing scenes with some of the greatest actors who have ever lived. Anything you picked up from any of your co-stars that will help you in your future careers? Who inspired you?
Evanna:
I really love Jason Isaacs and Mark Williams. LOVE them. Such nice guys. Very friendly. No airs put on. We were in the same makeup room every morning for the big Hogwarts battle scenes. I’d be half-asleep, exhausted, and they were just BRIGHT and upbeat and funny. They were chirpy and alive and how playful. They were getting to ACT. My [actor] parents are about the same age as them, and they’re not like that at all. They’re serious, rationalizing why a character would do this or that. But seeing Jason and Mark go with their guts and play. PLAY. they sing. They break into accents. They give each other a terrible time. Because it’s fun. I’ve been on tour with them to premieres and all and I’ve learned so much from them. When we were preparing for the French premiere, Mark was singing. He was getting us all worked up. ‘What can we SING? Something FRENCH!'

That’s what I learned from them. Be playful. Be yourself. Be experimental. Have fun with it.

Jason Isaacs quoted this line to me, ‘Perfectionism is the enemy of creativity.’ That’s so true. You can’t be worrying about hitting that one perfect take.

Scarlett: Watching everyone was the best acting school you could ever want. It was like a huge playground on the set, and in the dressing rooms, you’ve never seen such happy people. No matter what role they had, everyone seemed so grateful to be there and that showed, I think. I came in on the sixth film and I was a bit nervous, at the beginning. But they welcomed me into the family. If nothing else happens, I’ll still have those amazing experiences in my life to remember.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is now open to the public. Click here to plan your vacation package – with special access and perks!

No comments:

Post a Comment