Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Emma Watson talks My Week With Marilyn, The Perks of Being A Wallflower characters


What are the roles you have accepted since the end of Harry Potter?
Emma Watson: Well, I chose the characters as far apart as possible to Hermione ...

Why?
Emma: Because I grew up with her, that girl is smart and a big part of me. Sometimes I even dream of it, imagined her adventures. It's very hard to take time off from the world of Harry Potter. They were my family, we lived together. Daniel Radcliffe is an adorable boy, generous, energetic. It's quite strange, but the complicity that links Harry, Ron and Hermione were reflected in real life. I felt sad, destabilized. Harry Potter was my cocoon. I'll have to find my marks, my bearings, a new universe.

The student named Sam, you play in The Perks of Being a Wallflower, director Stephen Chbosky, is a "Muggle". This is a great first?
Emma: Voila: a modern girl, no magic. She had a difficult childhood, she does not love a lot and will find the balance and confidence in her platonic friendship with a boy. It was pretty difficult to play. Sam is very far from me.

You also play the role of an assistant designer in the film My Week With Marilyn, with Simon Curtis ...
Emma: Yes, it was both funny and tragic as it is the evocation of the last film of Marilyn Monroe. Working with Kenneth Branagh and Michelle Williams threw me in a very adult world, this time.

Marilyn is it a model for you?
Emma: It was based, like Ava Gardner, the two greatest beauty of the golden age of Hollywood. All sex appeal, this glamorous bluff me. But I feel closer to natural actresses, human, like Natalie Portman Julia Roberts.

Will you be tempted one day for another career?
Emma: It is true that I would not mind writing. But I began to realize that my career as an actress is very important to me. It is a part of me. Probably because I grew up in the middle of cinema magic!

The full interview with Madame LeFigaro can be read here. My Week With Marilyn will be out November 4, 2011; The Perks of Being A Wallflower currently has no scheduled release date.

No comments:

Post a Comment