Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tom Felton talks Harry Potter, Rise of the Planet of the Apes on Lopez Tonight

Tom also discussed his recent projects with TODAYonline, including what initially prompted him to take on the role of villainous Dodge Landon in Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and working with costar James Franco - with whom he had a couple of rather aggressive scenes in the final film.



You're coming out from one mega-franchise to another, did you foresee this at all?
Tom Felton:
It's funny, because one of the first things I said when we finished with Harry Potter was: "Done with the franchise, onto the indies." And a week later, we were doing Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes.

How thrilling to be part of a franchise that has an illustrious cinematic history ...
Tom:
Yeah, it's a great honour to join a franchise that has such a rich past, especially one that stretches back to that Charlton Heston movie in 1968! But I think my dad was the most excited - he's massive Planet Of The Apes fan! He saw all movies back in the day. My dad kept asking what sort of ape I'd be. I was like: "No, dad, I'm a human in this one!"

What will Rupert (Grint) think of you moving from your bromance on the set with him so quickly to another actor?
Tom:
It didn't take long really did it? (Smiles) But it's James Franco, what can I say? Hahaha! Seriously, I have to say I'm a massive fan. He's like no other guy I've met in my life. He's intense. But when I finally had the courage to ask him about his films that I have enjoyed, he'd be very happy to talk for hours about it. It's one or the other with him: He's either completely joking with you or he's very serious.

He's also very open and exceptionally intelligent. He'd be the only guy on set who'd be reading about some ancient philosopher, and then they'd be "rolling cameras, and action!" and boom! He's just there.
Tickets for Rise of the Planet of the Apes, out August 5, 2011, can be pre-ordered here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vUl-HsOotY&feature=player_embedded

No comments:

Post a Comment