Thursday, August 25, 2011







THE last few years have been such a magical experience it is perhaps understandable that Evanna Lynch is not quite ready to turn her back on a promising acting career for full-time study.

The young actress, from Termonfeckin in Louth, who played Luna Lovegood in four of the 'Harry Potter' films, has decided to defer an offer of a place at Trinity College, and will instead look to break into the acting scene in the US.

The 20-year-old did her Leaving Certificate this year after completing the last in the series of blockbuster films. Yesterday, she was coy about revealing her score but said she had been accepted into Trinity to study History of Art and French.

"It's a subject that really interests me so I've deferred it because I think it's something I can always come back and do.

"I have a new manager in the States and I think it's a good time to see how far I can go. I'm looking at a few scripts at the minute," she said.

Lynch was in the The Winding Stair bookshop in Dublin yesterday at the launch of this year's MS Readathon, the annual fundraising campaign of Multiple Sclerosis Ireland.

Last year more than 20,500 children in 630 schools read over 500,000 books between them, raising a total of almost €1m.

{Credit}

No comments:

Post a Comment